Happy Thursday Readers! Today was leg day and the final workout this week. Next week we’ll dip down to lower rep ranges and increase the weight since we have fewer repetitions to deal with. As always, proper form is critical to avoid injuries, maintain tension on the muscles that are targeted, and work the muscle through its entire range of motion (ROM).
- Squat 4 x 12 (130lbs)
- Leg Press 3 x 12 (298lbs)
- Leg Extension 3 x 12 (145lbs)
- Romanian Deadlift 4 x 12 (145lbs)
- Lying Leg Curl 3 x 12 (60lbs)
- Smith Machine Hip Thrust 3 x 9 (70lbs)
- Crunch 3 x 25
- Planks 3 x 50 seconds
Today’s workout is Day 4 Week 1 Phase 3 of Jim Stoppani’s Shortcut to Size (www.jimstoppani.com). This workout works in three 4-week cycles starting on week 1 with rep ranges of 12-15. All exercises this week will be in the 12-15 rep range.
Today’s workout hits the Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Abdominals and Core muscles.
Carbohydrates 171g; Fat 123g; Protein 242g
Supplements and Water intake
Water intake is more than a gallon a day. I drink a 1/2 gallon of water just with my pre-workout, during, and post-workout drinks. The rest of my water intake is around my meals (six in total each day). I currently feed every two hours.
- PreJym combined with flavorless Whey Protein (25g)
- BCAA drink during workouts with flavorless Whey Protein (24g)
- PostJym Dextrose and BCAA Matrix combined with flavorless Whey Protein (24g)
See you tomorrow!!