This week is a holdover week for weightlifting. I’m continuing to hit weights and two-a-day cardio sessions but have made some adjustments. My cardio will be executed this time around on the elliptical.
I learned that my body is not a big fan of carbs during the last 8-week trainer I just completed. The last week of the program is where I had my big losses, and this is exactly when I was down to very low carb amounts (less than 50 grams a day). Subsequently, I’m looking into KETO and other low-carb diets to see how these will affect my muscle growth. Right now, I’m only interested in maintaining the muscle I have and reducing my body fat from 36% down to about 15%. The KETO diet appears to be a solution to my dilemma.
I’ve also been investigating some local sites who can provide accurate body fat measurements and I found one today! It costs 115.00 for the initial visit and 95.00 for subsequent visits. BINGO!! I’m going to set one of these up next week to get a good baseline before commencing my next transformation routine. The reason for spending some money on this is that my entire meal plan is based on accurate weight and body fat measurements. Without these, I’m just guessing. More to follow on this front, folks.
- The Shariyat Ki Sugmad, Paul Twitchell
- Turn your passion into a thriving business, Gundi Gabrielle
- Andersonville: A story of rebel military prisons, John McElroy
- The Orion Plague, David Vandyke
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin, Harriet Beecher Stowe
- The Science of Getting Rich, Wallace D. Wattles
- The Spiritual Exercises of ECK, Harold Klemp
- Public Policy, Hillsdale College
- Learning how to Learn, Coursera
- Mini-Habits Course, Udemy (pending for next month)
- How to Write a Non-fiction Book
- I just finished this course and I have to say it was decent for the 11.99 price tag. By the way, when you pay for a course on Udemy.com, you have access to it for life. The course covers topics like researching your topic and investigating other books, determining who your target reader is, and then using various tools to begin outlining the book, writing the book, locating an editor and proofreader, revision processes, and finally getting the book onto the market. If you have aspirations about writing a non-fiction book, this course will be worth your while.
- The Civil War, Ken Burns (Netflix currently)
- The West, Ken Burns (Netflix currently)
- Vietnam, Ken Burns (Netflix currently)
- Hell on Wheels (Currently on Netflix)
- The Hollow (Currently on Netflix)
- Goliath (Currently on Amazon Prime)
Workout Routines and Other Weightlifting Knowledge:
Kaged Muscle is run by CEO Kris Gethin. This website provides workout routines, supplements you’ll need, nutrition advice and a whole lot more. I am currently working through the 8-week hardcore trainer.
For access to every supplement on the market, access to the top trainers in the world, and also gain access to their training routines, this is the one-stop, shop for anything related to fitness.
Well, that’s it for this week folks! I hope some of this information has been helpful to you.
Until next time…