It’s another Thinking Thursday!
Already crushed my Back and Biceps workout today, along with 26 minutes of Cardio. I’ll do another session later today. My eating is on track and I’ll be updating my weight on Sunday. Currently, I’m at 221 lbs. I’m tracking my macros diligently as carbs will always throw off my diet. I’m trying to minimize my carb intake to 50 grams a day. It seems like a minimal amount, but if you stick with green leafy vegetables, you can eat quite a lot of volume without spiking blood sugar. I am avoiding all grains for now—they kill my weight loss, even when I work with the complex carbs.
I hope everyone is enjoying their week and crushing their goals. I’ll update you again on my progress next week.
- The Shariyat Ki Sugmad, Paul Twitchell
- Andersonville: A story of rebel military prisons, John McElroy: Finished this yesterday. What a horrific story. If you are interested in learning about the atrocities committed against Union POWs during the Civil War, this is a must-read.
- The Orion Plague, David Vandyke
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin, Harriet Beecher Stowe
- The Science of Getting Rich, Wallace D. Wattles
- The Spiritual Exercises of ECK, Harold Klemp
- In My Time, Dick Cheney
- Kobo: A Story of the Russo-Japanese War, Herbert Strang
- The Dual Between France and Germany, Charles Sumner
- Public Policy, Hillsdale College
- Learning how to Learn, Coursera
- Mini-Habits Course, Udemy (putting this one on hold until August)
- The Civil War, Ken Burns (Netflix currently) – Finished. Great documentary from Mr. Burns. Very informative and told from the viewpoint of soldiers who were involved in the conflict.
- The West, Ken Burns (Netflix currently) – Finished. Great documentary. I really learned a lot of new things in this one. Our treatment of the American Indian was horrific at best.
- Vietnam, Ken Burns (Netflix currently) – Finished. Another heart-breaking documentary about the Vietnam War. The insightful pieces of this documentary relate to the many opportunities all of the parties had to avoid the conflict altogether. Alas, we missed these opportunities.
- The Staircase, (Netflix Currently) – Just started this one.
- Hell on Wheels (Currently on Netflix)
- The Hollow (Currently on Netflix)
- Wimbledon and World Cup Soccer
Workout Routines and Other Weightlifting Knowledge:
For access to every supplement on the market, access to the top trainers in the world, and gain access to their training routines, this is the one-stop, shop for anything related to fitness. This one will cost you if you want access to the trainers and their workout routines. It runs me about $8.99 per month.
Well, that’s it for this week folks! I hope some of this information has been helpful to you.
Until next time…