- Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press 4 x 15 (30lbs)
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise 3 x 12 (20lbs)
- Dumbbell Upright Row 3 x 15 (20lbs)
- Bent-Over Lateral Raise 3 x 12 (15lbs)
- One-Arm Smith Machine Shrug 3 x 15 (70lbs)
- Seated Calf Raise 4 x 25 (188lbs)
- Leg Press Calf Raise 4 x 25 (188lbs)
Today’s workout is Day 3 Week 1 Phase 3 of Jim Stoppani’s Shortcut to Size (www.jimstoppani.com). This workout works in three 4-week cycles starting on week 1 with rep ranges of 12-15. All exercises this week will be in the 12-15 rep range.
Today’s workout hits the Shoulders, Traps, and Calves.
My current weight is 240lbs and I am 6’ tall. The goal is to be around 245-250 by the end of this 12-week workout and maintaining my body fat percentage, which is around 20%. This is higher than I’d like, but during any bulking phase, it is quite common to gain some body fat or stay where you started because of a large amount of food a mass building program requires.
This week’s macro goals
Carbs – 240g; Fat 120g; Protein 240g (reducing protein and carbs to a 1:1 ratio per pound of body weight
Carbohydrates 232g; Fat 95g; Protein 195g
Supplements and Water intake
Water intake is more than a gallon a day. I drink a 1/2 gallon of water just with my pre-workout, during, and post-workout drinks. The rest of my water intake is around my meals (six in total each day). I currently feed every two hours.
- PreJym combined with flavorless Whey Protein (25g)
- BCAA drink during workouts with flavorless Whey Protein (24g)
- PostJym Dextrose and BCAA Matrix combined with flavorless Whey Protein (24g)
See you tomorrow!!