- One Arm Dumbbell Row 4 x 15 (35lbs)
- Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown 3 x 15 (100lbs)
- Straight Arm Pulldown 3 x 15 (55lbs)
- Seated Cable Row (Close) 3 x 15 (85lbs)
- Standing Barbell Curl 4 x 15 (45lbs)
- Incline Cable Curl 3 x 15 (20lbs)
- Concentration Curl 3 x 15 (15lbs)
Abdomen and Obliques
- Hip Thrust 3 x 30 (80lbs)
- Crunch 3 x 30
- Oblique Crunch 3 x 30 (30lbs)
Today’s workout is Day 2 Week 1 Phase 3 of Jim Stoppani’s Shortcut to Size (www.jimstoppani.com). This workout works in three 4-week cycles starting on week 1 with rep ranges of 12-15. All exercises this week will be in the 12-15 rep range.
Today’s workout hits the Back, Biceps, Abdomen and Oblique muscles.
My current weight is 240lbs and I am 6’ tall. The goal is to be around 245-250 by the end of this 12-week workout and maintaining my body fat percentage, which is around 20%. This is higher than I’d like, but during any bulking phase, it is quite common to gain some body fat or stay where you started because of a large amount of food a mass building program requires.
Carbohydrates 94g; Fat 85g; Protein 173g;
Supplements and Water intake
Water intake is more than a gallon a day. I drink a 1/2 gallon of water just with my pre-workout, during, and post-workout drinks. The rest of my water intake is around my meals (six in total each day). I currently feed every two hours.
- PreJym combined with flavorless Whey Protein (25g)
- BCAA drink during workouts with flavorless Whey Protein (24g)
- PostJym Dextrose and BCAA Matrix combined with flavorless Whey Protein (24g)
See you tomorrow!!