Hello, folks! Sorry I missed yesterday. My family had an unexpected death in the family. Combine this unexpected loss with Mother’s Day preparations and my schedule has been a little disrupted. The death, although tragic, was expected. My Aunt (in-law), passed Tuesday night after 2 separate battles with Cancer. She passed in her sleep, with the family in attendance.
Here are Thursday’s and Today’s workouts combined with my daily macro counts.
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press Overhand Grip 4 x 8 (40lbs)
- Smith Machine Upright Row 3 x 8 (40lbs)
- One-Arm Cable Lateral Raise 3 x 8 (10lbs)
- Bent-Over Lateral Raise 3 x 8 (20lbs)
- Barbell Shrug 3 x 8 (155lbs)
- Seated Calf Raises 3 x 14 (163lbs)
- Leg Press Calf Raises 3 x 14 (95lbs)
- Squat 3 x 8 (385lbs)
- Front Squat 3 x 8 (305lbs)
- Leg Extension 3 x 8 (160lbs)
- Romanian Deadlift 3 x 8 (185lbs)
- Seated Leg Curl 3 x 8 (35lbs)
Abdominals and Oblique Muscles
- Hip Thrust 3 x 10
- Cable Crunch 3 x 14 (50lbs)
- Cable Woodchopper 3 x 14 (30lbs)
Today’s posting covers Day 11 and 12 of Week 3 Phase 2 of Jim Stoppani’s Shortcut to Size (www.jimstoppani.com). This workout works in three 4-week cycles starting on week 1 with rep ranges of 12-15. All exercises this week will be in the 6-8 rep range. One more week to complete Phase 2!!
These workouts hit the Deltoids, Traps, Calves, Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Abdominal and Oblique muscles.
My current weight is 235lbs and I am 6’ tall. The goal is to be around 245-250 by the end of this 12-week workout and maintaining my body fat percentage, which is around 20%. This is higher than I’d like, but during any bulking phase, it is quite common to gain some body fat or stay where you started because of a large amount of food a mass building program requires.
My current macros were calculated using Jim Stoppani’s recommendations. He recommends 1.5 to 2.0 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, .5 grams of fat per pound of bodyweight, and 2.0 grams of carbohydrates per pound of bodyweight. Since I am trying to maintain my body fat percentage, I’ve reduced the carbohydrate intake to 1.0 gram of carbs per pound of bodyweight.
235lbs (current weight)
235 x 1.5 = 352.5 grams of protein per day
235 x 1 = 235 grams of carbohydrates per day
235 x .5 = 117.5 grams of fat per day (rounded to 117 for ease of tracking)
Carbohydrates 246g; Fat 156g; Protein 233g;
Carbohydrates 165g; Fat 125g; Protein 264g
I use my MyFitnessPal (I the iTunes App Store) to track my macros each day.
Supplements and Water intake
Water intake is more than a gallon a day. I drink a 1/2 gallon of water just with my pre-workout, during, and post-workout drinks. The rest of my water intake is around my meals (six in total each day). I currently feed every two hours.
- PreJym combined with flavorless Whey Protein (25g)
- BCAA drink during workouts with flavorless Whey Protein (24g)
- PostJym Dextrose and BCAA Matrix combined with flavorless Whey Protein (24g)
See you tomorrow!!