Tags

, ,

“Hope is independent of the apparatus of logic.” – Norman Cousins

This one is so true. Hope is all about going beyond ourselves to achieve something out of reach or improbable. Typically I do not hope for things. I pursue solutions by visualizing, planning, and executing. Hope is like dreaming. You’d like something to happen, but you really aren’t committed to the result you want. Subsequently, you hope and dream, but the results you want never come.

“Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.” – George S. Patton

Patton is by far one of my favorite generals. Patton was a firm believer in pushing his subordinates to their limits. What made him a great leader is that he knew that if he set high expectations for his men, they would accomplish them. The key to his leadership was the trust he had in his men. He provided 80% of the solution and left it up to the small unit leaders to come up with the other 20%.

“Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.” – Theodore Roosevelt

This was demonstrated by Teddy over and over again throughout his life. He demonstrated he could accomplish what he set out to do. Subsequently, people gave him more to do. Ultimately, the American People gave him the U.S. Presidency.

I hope everyone is having a terrific Tuesday! See you tomorrow!!

Advertisements