- Bench Press 4 x 11 (115lbs)
- Dumbbell Press 3 x 11 (45lbs)
- Incline Dumbbell Fly 3 x 11 (30lbs)
- Incline Cable Fly 3 x 11 (30lbs)
- Triceps Push down 3 x 11 (65lbs)
- Dumbbell Overhead Extension 3 x 11 (45lbs)
- Lying Cable Triceps Extension 3 x 11 (43lbs)
- Standing Calf raise 4 x 11 (55lbs)
- Seated Calf raise 4 x 11 (115lbs)
Today’s workout is Day 5 Week 2 Phase 2 of Jim Stoppani’s Shortcut to Size (www.jimstoppani.com). All exercises this week will be in the 9-11 rep range.
Today’s workout hits the chest, triceps, and calf muscles.
My current weight is 235lbs and I am 6’ tall. The goal is to be around 245-250 by the end of this 12-week workout and maintaining my body fat percentage, which is around 20%. This is higher than I’d like, but during any bulking phase, it is quite common to gain some body fat or stay where you started because of a large amount of food a mass building program requires.
My current macros were calculated using Jim Stoppani’s recommendations. He recommends 1.5 to 2.0 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, .5 grams of fat per pound of bodyweight, and 2.0 grams of carbohydrates per pound of bodyweight. Since I am trying to maintain my body fat percentage, I’ve reduced the carbohydrate intake to 1.0 gram of carbs per pound of bodyweight.
235lbs (current weight)
235 x 1.5 = 352.5 grams of protein per day
235 x 1 = 235 grams of carbohydrates per day
235 x .5 = 117.5 grams of fat per day (rounded to 117 for ease of tracking)
Carbohydrates 226g; Fat 142g; Protein 197g;
I use my MyFitnessPal (I the iTunes App Store) to track my macros each day.
Supplements and Water intake
Water intake is more than a gallon a day. I drink a 1/2 gallon of water just with my pre-workout, during a workout, and post-workout drinks. The rest of my water intake is around my meals (six in total each day). I currently feed every two hours.
- PreJym combined with flavorless Whey Protein (25g)
- BCAA drink during workouts with flavorless Whey Protein (24g)
- PostJym Dextrose and BCAA Matrix combined with flavorless Whey Protein (24g)
See you tomorrow!!